Print ISSN:-2395-1354

Online ISSN:-2395-1362

CODEN : IJOSHC

Article History

Received : 26-10-2020

Accepted : 30-12-2020

Available online : 06-04-2021



Article Metrics




Downlaod Files

   


Article Access statistics

Viewed: 116

PDF Downloaded: 154


Simultaneous arthroscopic reconstruction of anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament: An outcome analysis


Full Text PDF Share on Facebook Share on Twitter


Original Article

Author Details : Sunil Shivanna*, Dinesh K M

Volume : 7, Issue : 1, Year : 2021

Article Page : 49-52

https://doi.org/10.18231/j.ijos.2021.007



Suggest article by email



Abstract

Introduction: Combined anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury is relatively a rare entity and it is extremely important to manage these injuries with great accuracy, as this may involve damage to neurovascular structures associated with knee dislocation and also carries the risk of accelerated joint degeneration if left untreated. There are many issues that are topic of debate even today like timing of surgery, graft of choice and single stage versus staged reconstruction.
Materials and Methods: A prospective study for evaluating the outcomes of combined ACL and PCL injuries in 20 patients was conducted at our centre, who were managed arthroscopically. Preoperative and post-operative Lyscholm scores and IKDC scores were assessed to evaluate the patients outcomes.
Results: Out of 20 patients operated for ACL and PCL injury, 14(70%) of them had excellent to good results and the rest 6(30%) had fair results with none of the patients reporting poor results.
Conclusion: Simultaneous ACL and PCL reconstruction using arthroscopic technique is an effective and safe procedure irrespective of the time since injury and also this is more helpful to achieve early rehabilitation.

Keywords: PCL, Lyscholm score, IKDC.



How to cite : Shivanna S , Dinesh K M, Simultaneous arthroscopic reconstruction of anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament: An outcome analysis. Indian J Orthop Surg 2021;7(1):49-52


Copyright © 2021 by author(s) and Indian J Orthop Surg. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (creativecommons.org)